A simple fitment, the ultra-thin-wall VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 Inlet is a large diameter, free flowing intake elbow, delicately CNC machined from aluminium billet to replace the small and restrictive plastic factory inlet.
The factory inlet forces the airflow to taper right down to pass through a tight and restrictive bend – in other words, terrible for flow.
The RacingLine Turbo 90 is the thinnest-wall construction on the market for highest flow. Twin O-rings ensure the perfect seal. Some of our rivals’ less carefully-machined, or even thick cast versions rob valuable airflow.
Put simply, without it, you’re wasting much of the potential of your high-flow intake system without fitting the Turbo 90. An essential upgrade!
The VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet has been engineered as a simple upgrade to significantly increase air flow into the turbocharger. It’s the perfect complement to either our R600 Cold Air Intake, the standard airbox or indeed any other aftermarket intake system.
A simple fitment, the VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet is a large diameter, free flowing intake elbow, CNC machined from aluminium billet to replace the small and restrictive plastic factory inlet.
Without it the potential of any high flow intake system is wasted because any smooth flowing intake charge has to taper down to pass through the tight and restrictive bend of the factory part.
The result? Back-to-back comparisons against the factory elbow on our flow bench reveals an impressive improvement in airflow. We’ve seen some surprisingly significant power and torque increases from the fitment of the VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet as a result of the faster turbo spool and increased airflow it generates. It’s also possible to hear an enhanced sound from the turbo which comes as another benefit for any enthusiast.
KEY TECH SPECS
- EXTENSIVE COMPATIBILITY -The VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet is compatible with all factory IHI turbos used in the MQB EA888 1.8T and 2.0T engined cars, as well as the R600 intake, factory airbox, or any other aftermarket intake.
- POWER GAINS -By removing the standard plastic elbow’s highly restrictive airflow path between the inlet pipe and the turbocharger, the VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet gives a worthwhile power gain through smoothing and opening the turn into the turbo.
- FUTURE-PROOF -The higher the power level, the greater the benefit. That’s why the VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet will be included in our Stage 3 upgrade = we simply can’t get to the power levels without it.
- HIGH QUALITY -CNC constructed from T6-6061 aircraft grade aluminium and hard anodised in gloss black for long lasting, high quality finish. A white laser-etched Racingline logo is the final touch.
- SIMPLE FITTING -Fitting is very straightforward. The VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet can be installed in around 10 minutes using just hand tools and easily returned to standard if desired.
- MATCHED PARTS -The VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet is perfectly matched with other Racingline parts. Worthwhile power and response gains can be realised when the VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet is used in combination with the VWR High Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe, R600 Cold Air Intake and Turbo Turbo Muffler Delete.